1/14/2015

Currently Crushing : Raffia A.A.K.S hangbags

 
A.A.K.S hangbags, London, Toronto blogger, Woven handbag

This year I wanted to start a new section on the blog called “Currently crushing”. This section will showcase any cool online finds that I come across through social media or the internet that I find myself loving. Whether it be a single item or a collection, I'm opened to suggestions if you guys find anything that should be showcased please let me know.

Although I know I need to invest more time towards other areas of my life (mainly school) and less time on the internet and social media, this online space is simply too tempting.
One hour turns into two and the next thing you know more than half of your day has disappeared. However, what I do love about the internet is the opportunity to discover talented and inspiring people as well as gorgeous fashion pieces.
A.A.K.S hangbags, London, Toronto blogger, Woven handbag
I stumbled onto an Instagram account for a London based company called A.A.K.S handbags owned by Akosua Afriyie-Kumi.  Her pretty, crisp and bright photos of beautifully made handbags drew me in. Suddenly I found myself going through her news feed thinking about how awesome it would be to be on a beach rocking one of these pieces.
A.A.K.S hangbags, London, Toronto blogger, Woven handbag
  As listed on her website each bag is handcrafted using the art of weaving by a group of local artisan weavers living in a village in the Northern region of Ghana. The bags are woven incorporating the use of raffia and leather and takes approximately one week to complete a handbag. The goal of her company is to create and ignite sustainable jobs within Africa by creating unique handbags with an emphasis on natural fibres and workmanship.  
A.A.K.S hangbags, London, Toronto blogger, Woven handbag
Photos by Cara Johnson via A.A.K.S
Looking at these pictures below, has definitely got me counting down to summer. For more information check out the website here
Until Next Time, Sincerely Miss J
Stay connected
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 

@smissjblog